Sewn : Black Knit Shirt

Saturday, February 18, 2017




Hi everyone! It's been a while. I made a shirt that I thought I'd blog about. I wish I was coming back with something more exciting, but it's going to be a while before I take pictures of anything because it's cold outside and I'm a wuss. haha, so this will do for now. 




It's actually the same exact shirt I made for my sister Sadie a while back (posted here), just without the collar. I used Simplicity 6721, and added length and a back zipper. 





It's a really lightweight knit so it doesn't hold up the heavy metal zipper well, I should have thought that through better. It works ok, but the neckline looks wavy because of the darn zipper. So that's basically driving me crazy.






I do like it. Truthfully I haven't worn it much but I feel like if I give it some time, I'll forget about the flaws and be more comfortable wearing it. haha


I hope everyone's doing well! What have you been up to this past year? What is the best thing going on in your life and something that could be going better?  And yes, I'm talking to you. Whenever I read blogs, I always assume they're talking to other people but if you're reading this then I'm talking to you. :) 


PatternSimplicity 6721
Fabric: Black Lightweight Sweater Knit from Mood (which I can't link to because it's no longer listed, so here's a similar fabric)

17 comments:

  1. Hi! Love you sewing posts and glad to see another pop up in my blog reader. It looks pretty cold to be taking photos there so I don't blame you! Have a nice day :) _ym.sews_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh so fun to get a comment from you. (I'm obsessed with your instagram. Enough said. haha but thank you! That honestly means so much for you to say, I didn't know if anyone would be following me anymore so thanks for saying that.

      Delete
  2. I love it! I know what you mean about the flaws, but I doubt anyone else will notice it. You look great. And since you asked: Best thing is my family has gotten a lot closer this past year. Bra-making could be going better though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! Don't think you could get something more rewarding than that. And man, just the fact alone that you can make a bra is in and of itself amazing. For real, I'm intimidated to even try anything like that, so major props to you!

      Delete
  3. I love that you posted again!!! Love the shirt. You are an angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only saw it when you pointed it out! The zipper is a lovely detail anyway, it looks so pretty against the black. And what a beautiful place you have to take photos!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man that is good to hear, thank you!! And thank you for this really sweet comment. It really is a pretty place, it took me until my twenties to start appreciating Utah for how beautiful it is but I guess better late than never, right? :)

      Delete
  5. So happy to see your post in Feedly! The best thing in my past year was starting a new job. The commute takes away most of my crafting time though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you are the freaking sweetest, thank you!! That makes me feel so good to have someone say that. Big congrats about your job! What are you doing for it? I hope it continues going well for you, I'm interested to hear more about it. Bummer about the commute but maybe you could listen to crafting podcasts on the way or something? Obviously it's not the same thing but you know, it's a start. :) Good luck with things! I hope it continues to go well.

      Delete
  6. This is such a cute outfit! And yay you're posting again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I say this every time but I always get so pumped getting a comment from you. haha thank you!!

      Delete
  7. Cute top! Love the zip detail you added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Margo! It's so fun to hear from you again! Man I've missed blogging. Your new blog is absolutely beautiful by the way, I love the clean layout and how easy you've made the navigation. Also that poncho perfection coat you made? Oh my gosh! You are so talented, seriously everything you make is so well made.

      Delete
  8. Hi Haylee! It's so nice to see you post again! Your top looks very nice, and I like the darts at the back shoulders. You live in such a beautiful state! I hope the snow melts away soon so you can comfortably take photos for new blog posts! :P I haven't sewn anything for myself in sooo long, but I have been knitting. I'm currently interning in Peru for a non-profit where I'm involved with the design of handmade alpaca knitwear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne! Oh my gosh that is amazing! How long have you been there for? Wow talk about an incredible experience, I'm just sitting over here living vicariously through your blog photos, don't worry. haha so you'll be there for 6 months? I hope you'll continue to blog about it, it's been really cool to see your experience on your blog so far. I want to see more photos! :)

      Delete
  9. heyyy really nice and matching outfits ... for lean column body shape its amazing fitting a ladies tops with palazzo i feel you should have tried to add belts too for accentuate yourself

    ReplyDelete

Threaded All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger